Monday, April 1, 2019

The Gems (Century)

Featured today is another obscure group from the 1960's called the Gems. Other than the two outstanding garage songs for us to enjoy there is very little known about the group. Michaelvee of the popular "Mostly Uncomped" blog site pointed out that in Mike Markesich's book "Beyond Teenbeat Mayhem" Mike's  research found that the band was from Jackson, Tennessee and the 45 was released in November 1967. If any one can provide additional details about the group to help to remember them better would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                                      I Just Couldn't See 


                                                                                   What Have I Done To You

3 comments:

  1. great find Johnny, never compiled before (I even dig the quite lame flip). Teenage Myhham sas they were from Jackson, TN end it was issed in Nov.67

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the additional information Michael. I like both songs. My favorite is side two. Even though the record was released over 50 years ago the Gems music lives on and bringing enjoyment to others. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both sides. "What Have I Done To You?" is the better of the two.

    ReplyDelete