Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Wolfmen (Archway)

Superstar Jerry Reed wrote and recorded the song "Take A Walk" in 1967. The following year The Wolfmen recorded a garage sounding cover of the song. It was released on Archway Records located in Saint Louis, Missouri. I noticed on the label that the record is not Mono or Stereo but is Stono (Stereo, Playable Mono). Hum, I have not seen that term used before. Anyway I hope you enjoy the record.
                                                                                          Take A Walk

3 comments:

  1. it was comped on Gyro's Garage Greats series, great somg. I womder if the flip's a slouch..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that. That's good the song is worthy to be comped. My copy as you can tell is not the best. Still looking for one of better quality. The flip side is " Ones who Love". It is a slower pop song. Nothing like "Take A Walk". I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boogie wooogie garage mojo

    ReplyDelete