Saturday, September 7, 2013

Last Draft (Trans-Action)

The Last Draft were from LaCrosse, Wisconsin.  Band members consisted of Greg Wuensch (Vocals), John Nibblelink (Lead Guitar), Dave Peterson (Rhythm Guitar), Dennis Bremmer (Bass) and Jerry Gaynor (Drums). The group released their only record on the Trans-Action label. They do a very good version of "It's been a long long time" which was a song recorded in 1966 by The Dynasty's (also from Wisconsin).

Gary E Myers has extensive knowledge on many of the Wisconsin rock bands in the1960's. The above photo of the Last Draft is from his book "On That Wisconsin Beat".

3 comments:

  1. Many thx for your acknowledgment, Johnnie. (Only 1 "e" in my last name). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Gary for your comments. I have enjoyed both of your books over the years. I know it took lots of time and effort to compile all this information and I have found it very helpful and informative. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I was given this 45, I was dating the drummer, Jerry Gaynor when I was 15, I think he was only 16, then turned 17, he was from La Crosse Wisconsin and I lived in Decorah Iowa. One of my first loves. I met him at the Decorah Iowa fair & he came back to Matters Ballroom shortly after that & we had that smacked in the head puppy love fascination. Wow to get that back again I’d pay money! Lol. We wrote each other steamy letters weekly. One time my girlfriend and I hitchhiked all day long there just to say hi and then he gave us a ride back home. I had given him my class ring and then I got a local boyfriend so I made one more trip there to see him and get my class ring back. It was only a drive-by and I didn’t get to thank him or hug him goodbye. I see in the obituaries he died about the age of 47. He was an absolutely gorgeous kid, great drummer and a sweet guy too. RIP Jerry Gaynor.

    ReplyDelete