Friday, November 4, 2011

The Esquires (Feature)

The Esquire were from Belvidere, Illinois.  The band release this fantastic 45 on the Wisconsin's  Feature record label in 1967. The group members were David Buck, Dana Buck, Tom Harrison and Brad Palmer.  "Am I To Blame" was comped on  Wyld Sydes Vol. 8.  The flip side "Pretty Little Blue Girl" has very nice moody/ psych sound.
                                                                          The Esquires - Am I To Blame

                                                                     The Esquires - Pretty Little Blue Girl

More information about the group can be found in Gary Meyers book "On That Wisconsin Beat".

4 comments:

  1. Pretty Little Blue Girl....a great moody piece indeed, much worthy to be saved...

    as always thanks for sharing

    best greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really dig... Pretty Blue Girl... this is a 45 I will buy when I see it.... thanks very much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul
    I hope you are able to locate a copy of the 45, it's outstanding. It would certainly be great addition to your collection. Thanks Michael and Paul for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Blue Girl is amazing! Thanks for sharing, I will look out for this record!

    ReplyDelete