Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Students

The Students released two records. Rodger Ward- 1966 and Gold Brik -1967. Their song  "I Couldn't Help Falling" is featured on both 45's. With that said they have a totally different sound. I prefer the Rodger Ward version of the song much better. I also enjoy "Indiana Calling" on the flipside of the Rodger Ward 45 as well. Vinylfool did a very good in depth story about the group on his 60's Indiana Band Szene blog! Please check it out.



       Indiana Calling



8 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for all the Tracks you've been uploading for years, Is it possible to add the other 2 tracks from the Students?...Thank You....skipmOOOse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Skip. Glad you enjoy the songs. The Gold Brik version of " I couldn't help falling " can be heard on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quB80nNohsE
      "The Letter Home" has a folky Doo Wop slow vibe and a lot of talking thru out.

      Delete
    2. ok, Cool!...Got It!!...Thank You!

      Delete
  2. Can we hear the Gold-Brik sides? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pete.
      My Gold Brik record plays with a little background noise. The Gold Brik version of "I couldn't help falling " can be heard on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quB80nNohsE.
      "The Letter Home" is not very good. I chose not to record the song.

      I enjoyed the sound the group had on the Roger Ward 45.

      Delete
  3. Good work as always! Here's a bit more. https://indiana-bands-60s.blogspot.com/2008/05/eliminators-students-greenwood-franklin.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Vinylfool. I posted the link to your blog for others to read. It is a really interesting history about the band.Thank you again for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete