Sunday, November 10, 2019

November Notables

I really like this record by Billy and the Kids. It was released in 1969. I posted the B side "Won't You Love Me Please" on the blog way back in 2011. Its great, the group was very talented. While organizing  my man cave recently I came across the 45 again and gave it a spin. I had forgotten how enjoyable  "Only You" on the A side was so I decide to post it on the blog as well.

                                                           Only You

The Cross Tie Walkers released this record in 1970. Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) was one of the most popular groups in the world at this time. As you can tell the Cross Tie Walkers "Days I Recollect" was heavy influenced by CCR. Strangely the flip side "Girl We Got A While Yet" has a pop sound, totally different.
                                                            Days I Recollect

4 comments:

  1. Great songs, both of them!
    Tried to locate Billy & The Kids' A-Side, was not posted in 2017 as you state :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Pete. It was originally posted in May of 2011. Sorry about that.The blog was updated. Check it out. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU!
      A lot of old links don't work anymore. Wish you could renew every single one of them, because you have a real treasure here. Lots of treasures, to be exact. Power to you!

      Delete
  3. you're right the Billy & the Kids track is quite enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete